Monday, October 1, 2012

Developers Log. Prototype Date 28 - Final Prototype Date

Today is the last day to work on the prototype. This weekend I fixed multiplayer, and it's awesome. There is a short clip of it working in our video we will be showing in the presentation. I also fixed the animations glitches we were seeing. Lastly I added the ability to run up a wall, and either flip off (to dodge an incoming attack) or grab a ledge-- it's pretty sexy.

We had a big discussion friday night/saturday morning about the gameplay, and ended up in a really great place, I feel. This was a big milestone, as we hadn't really set out to define the game rules, just the mechanics. After a lot of discussion we found something that we all would love to play.

I'm not sure if this will be read before the game is picked, but I must admit that I understand the ambition this project carries. It will no doubt require a lot of work from everyone involved to make it awesome, but I think it is absolutely do-able. I would very much enjoy working on this for the next year with dedicated and talented students who also desire to make an amazing game. Most of my team has worked their tails off these past few weeks to make the best prototype we could in the short time we had, and we are pretty happy with where the prototype is. It shows off Avatars working in a 3D environment, using custom animations, with multiple players, parkouring around. So much for 28 days with just four guys! Give us a full team and a year and this will be a polished, beautiful game that will give us great experience and a fantastic portfolio piece!

And with that, I guess I will see you on the other side.*


* Other side refers to the time in which the 3 games have been chosen and I have been assigned to the game I will work on for the next year. [Hopefully still Ninja Royale!] :)

No comments:

Post a Comment