Thursday, September 27, 2012

Developers Log. Prototype Date 24 - Game Demo Day - The Dry Run

Today we demo everything, that means we had to get everything to a "that will have to do" state. The game is coming along and is looking pretty good. We made a few strides with streamlining the way we get animations in, so that is good. The wall climb logic is mostly done (well, as done as it will get for the pitch this Tuesday.) The wall run is pretty much done too, but the wall jump needs some loving.

I still want to work with air controls, I have spent no time with them, so they behave just as they do when the player is on the ground, and it doesn't feel right to me at all.

I've started sketching out an actual state machine. It's something I probably wont have time to get in by Tuesday, but it's definitely the model we will want to follow for the game if it is picked (and I sincerely hope it will be.) We have so many animations and transations and movement controllers that it will get out of control without states passing around to each other like a perfectly build machine. It will be very sexy.

One of the most disappointing bugs to be discovered last night was that somewhere over the past few days a bug was introduced that kills multiplayer. The game closes on the xbox, which in turn closes my debugger so I cannot even trace the error back to the cause, so I'm going to have to do this the painful way. Grrr. I really want to have this done by Tuesday, so that will probably be my first focus this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment