Sunday, April 28, 2013

Developers Log. Release Date 3. Reflections

The game went live on Friday! I had suggested we do a live podcast to generate hype, and hopefully introduce the fan-base each team had generated to the other games. Friday we did just that, however between the three teams, (well, only counting three members of the Heroes of Rock team) we were able to get a max of 24 viewers online. That's almost equivalent to each of us securing one viewer! So not nearly as much hype as I had hoped, it was still a good experience. Also, Trippleslash was able to get the Indie Gamer  Chick to join, so that's awesome! It most definitely helps humanize us and secure in her mind that we are students.

With the game being finished a huge mantel has been lifted off of my shoulders. I'm toying with the idea of updating a patch to improve the camera a bit more. It just isn't as good as I would have liked. I probably will, as this is something tightly attached to my name, I'd like to be as proud as I can be about it!

All things said and done, it's a pretty fun game. It's fun to watch others compete with themselves to do better.  It's exiting to know you were able to make someone feel something. That's what it's all about right? It's art. I want to make someone feel an emotion, and I feel successful in that the emotion I most commonly see is displayed on those playing my game.

Having gone from conception to release, the game has changed a lot, and many times. We have a finished and published product, and that is awesome. I'm still sad that it's not a multiplayer game. How I wish it had been an arena based competitive death-match. I feel like I need to make one of those next, because I'd really love to make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment